Here’s the second half of my meme response, you’ll find the first half here. Sorry to say I haven’t had a chance to tag some people to give this meme a go for themselves, so perhaps you’d like to ‘self-nominate’? I promise it’s a fun experience …
Four things I would like to have done but didn’t
- Studied Arts at Uni. I’ve always loved to write, and I really enjoyed English at school. When trying to decide on future career paths, I decided to take a scientific path rather than a literary path towards study. Now I realise that those decisions don’t really matter, but I can’t help but sometimes wonder how that other path would have turned out.
- Travelled to Greece at 18. That was the year I found out I had some cousins living on one of the Greek Islands. I made some initial inquiries about accommodation, but just never got around to committing to such an adventure. Why Greece? Well I’m not too sure … though it’s still a destination on my ‘to go’ list.
- Written sooner. I think I spent too long avoiding a real commitment to creative writing … and I still find I’m doing that today. It’s probably about time for me to abandon over-thinking and over-analysis and just do what I love.
- Stayed in touch with more friends. I’ve moved around a bit over the years, and seem to have acquired the really bad habit of not staying in better contact with people I really should have. So now I seem to be playing a bit of catch-up.
Four things you may not know about me
- I really love wearing vintage dresses. I love the styles, the colours and the beautiful workmanship they display. At the moment my vintage wardrobe and my work wardrobe are keeping to themselves, but I’m anticipating a future merging of the two.
- I’ve been married for ten years this December. Gosh, where has all the time flown? Even though we’ve known eachother for much longer, Mr Quiet Paws and I have almost reached our first decade of married life together … wow!
- I ace singing Meatloaf songs in Singstar. When I first began my PS3 singing career I was only hoping to hold a tune, or at least just have some fun. Although secretly it would have been nice to nail the vocals of a female artist with a sweet and angelic voice … but hey … ‘two out of three ain’t bad’.
- I’ve just passed 10 years of working in government. Perhaps it’s a year for decade anniversaries? I’m looking forward to taking an extended break from my job in the new year so that I can properly dedicate time to some big creative writing projects.
So now that you’ve reached the end of ’16 things’ about me, I hope you know me a little bit better. Thanks again to Kylie for the tag, it’s been really fun to complete.