In fact, a lot of things are not what they seem. For instance, when I first started writing this post, it was actually going to be about something completely different … Then I started thinking about other things that aren’t what they seem, like the owls in ‘Twin Peaks’ … from there my post began to transform into something else entirely.
I love Twin Peaks. When the show first came out (in 1990 – 2o years ago!!), I was an avid fan … I adored the weird and wonderful world created by David Lynch, and the characters were unlike any I’d seen before. I kind of fell a little in love with Agent Cooper (and his cups of joe and damn fine slices of cherry pie). Mr Quiet Paws is yet to finish watching Season 2 with me (can you believe it?), so I won’t be sharing any spoilers here.
Something I will share here is some loveliness from etsy which returned me to the world of Twin Peaks once more … care to visit with me?
Top Row (left to right):
- Douglas Fir Fine Art Photograph by DaogreerEarthWorks – a convenient way to ‘smell those trees, smell those Douglas firs’.
- Woody the Log Pillow by emeraldbumblebee – become your very own log lady with this adorable pillow .
- Love at First Sight by slowindustries – just like a little printed reminder of the goodies on offer at the ‘Double R Diner’ or the Sheriff’s Department.
Bottom Row (left to right):
- Slice of Felt Cherry Pie by lisajhoney – I seem to remember Agent Cooper telling Diane (via voice recorder), ‘they got a cherry pie here that’ll kill ya’. I’m pretty sure this version is non-lethal.
- The log lady by seasprayblue – ponder just what her log wants to tell you (I purchased one of these prints for my brother last year).
- Owl Gadget Case by BoutiqueID – did you figure out just what those owls were up to? This angry little fellow will at least keep your gadgets safe.
I wanted to leave you with another favourite quote from Agent Cooper, as it seems a lovely parting thought for a Friday.
‘Harry, I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it. Don’t wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men’s store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.’
Be sure to take his advice, and give yourself a present today.