Oops … so it’s been a little while since my last ‘March Challenge’ update, but perhaps that reveals just how much I’ve been enjoying these little daily differences. While I’ll be sad when the challenge is finished, it’s definitely inspired me to continue making small positive changes in my day … I say YAY to more fun and randomness.
- Day 13: Bought myself some flowers – It’s been ages since I did this, but I love having fresh flowers in the home. Carnations are my favourite (as you saw in the previous post).
- Day 14: Completed my longest run (so far) on the treadmill – I am really loving becoming a runner again. This was my longest run to date without a break, reaching 28 minutes. Honestly, I cannot recommend the ‘Couch-to-5k’ program enough.
- Day 15: Bought lunch instead of making my own – When it comes to lunch normally I’m a creature of habit, making a salad and cheese sandwich each and every day. But on this day, I treated myself to a mixed salad of lentils and felafel.
- Day 16: Finally picked up ‘The Big Issue’ – I’ve read this magazine before, but seemed incapable of remembering to buy a copy for myself. I laughed when I saw the feature for this month – on none other than Ewan McGregor (I’m a big fan).
- Day 17: Went out for a coffee date – The Mr and I normally stay quite close to home on weekends, but we went out to a local bakery cafe and enjoyed a coffee and a sweet treat.
- Day 18: Read instead of wrote – Writing is a part of each and every one of my days, but today I took a breather from it and started reading ‘If You Want to Write’. I’m getting a lot from it and will tell you more about another time.
- Day 19: Sorted out my wardrobe – It’s taken me a long time to get my wardrobe streamlined, so today was all about making sure it was organised. Now I can find everything I own straight away.
- Day 20: Browsed through a new secondhand store – I’d been meaning to visit this store for ages, but today was the day I actually stopped for a browse. I was happy to discover it’s an op shop with genuine bargain prices. I’ll definitely be back.
- Day 21: Trimmed an annoying tree – There is a bottlebrush tree that grows across my driveway and it’s been annoying me for months. Every time I got into or out of the car the low hanging branches would get in my way. Not any more though!
- Day 22: Replaced the smoke detectors – I’m embarrassed to admit just how long it’s been since we’ve had functional smoke detectors in our house. This task is perhaps a little boring, but oh so important. Even Jones was excited!
- Day 23: Started re-teaching myself crochet – I haven’t crocheted in years, but it’s been on my ‘to do’ list for a while now. I’m slowly re-learning stitches and will hopefully get myself to a place where I can crochet a blanket for winter.
- Day 24: Planned the autumn vege garden plantings – I’m so looking forward to growing some veges this year, and now is the time to get planting. I haven’t got too carried away with what I’ll be growing, I’ve just stuck to things that we currently eat.
So that leaves me with just the final update to come, where I’ll be letting you know what I got up to during the rest of March. I hope the month has been a good one for you. I actually thought March would be an ‘active’ month for me, but getting sick a couple of times slowed me down and gave me the opportunity to really think through a lot of things I’ve needed to get straight in my head for a while. So it looks like March will be remembered as a month of ‘different things’ and lots of thinking, while April will be a month of putting all that thought into action. Excitement awaits! What have you been up to? Let’s inspire each other! 🙂