While the season officially began at the start of June, winter felt like it hadn’t actually properly arrived until last week. I was a little unprepared for it to be honest, so was caught out in cold temperatures without a winter coat to keep me warm. Not that winter ever gets all that cold in Brisbane, but still … it’s cool enough to need a coat.
The days feel a little cooler than I remember them getting here before, not that I’m complaining … I’m a cool weather girl through and through. I think the only downside to winter is having to get out of bed in the morning and head into work … honestly, I’d be so much more productive at home, wrapped up in layers of warm blankets, with a hot coffee by my side. Well perhaps ‘productive’ isn’t quite the right word, but you know what I mean!
Being a lover of unique seasonal qualities and the pleasant feeling of organisation gained by the formulation of a structured list, I hope you’ll indulge me as I share five things I love about the winter months. So here they are (in no particular order):
- Being able to wear tights, cardigans, coats, and long boots … sometimes all at once.
- Enjoying comfort at the table in the form of pies, baked chocolate treats and a warm cup of cider.
- Partaking in real conversations that stretch well into the night (best when accompanied by the goodies mentioned above).
- Furry friends always being close at hand and ready with a warming cuddle.
- Rosy cheeks gained through the pursuit of outdoor activities like a brisk walk or riding a bicycle into the wind.
I know not all of you are cool weather lovers, or even experiencing winter at the moment … but perhaps you’d like to share something you’re loving about whatever season is currently paying you a visit?
PS. The image I’ve included above is the ‘winter’ plate from my Rob Ryan Four Seasons Plate Set. Isn’t it lovely? This seemed to me a wonderfully practical (and affordable) way to include a little of his art in my life.