While I’m not quite there yet, I feel like the weekend has seen me *almost* catch up on many things that I’ve neglected for far too long. And by ‘things’, I don’t just mean stuff like vacuum the floors, wash the sheets, and water the garden (even though they all need some attention too), instead I mean all that other important life stuff that tends to be put off time and time again.
I seem to suffer from a ‘save the best to last’ mentality in all that I do – so those blogs, emails and people that should be given top priority, tend to get ‘saved’ up until I find the ‘perfect’ amount of quality time to dedicate to them. This means that in a strange upside-down kind of way, those things of less importance are attended to more quickly so that I can ‘get them out of the way’ before tackling the big stuff. The trouble with such an approach is that of course the perfect time for the important stuff never magically appears. So I’m making efforts to work against my natural tendencies and make sure that I proactively make time to pay proper attention to the really important things, rather than just wait for the right time to come along.
All of that thinking meant that apart from all the usual kind of weekend stuff, I got up to all sorts of other little bits and pieces too:
- Bought … some goodies online from Urban Outfitters, a skulk of foxes and Anna Alicia (all essential before you ask).
- Watched … ‘Easy A’, a great movie that references awesome 80’s movies both directly and indirectly. I’d highly recommend it.
- Listened … to the delightful Joanna Newsom on her recent tour as it passed through Brisbane. She was very sweet.
- Read … lots of blogs that I’ve been missing out on recently. It’s always nice to catch up with old friends.
- Wrote … five emails long overdue to friends both near and far, with a few more yet to come.
So I’m very much starting to feel like I’m getting ‘ahead by a whisker’ … I even found some time to relax over the weekend which was a really welcome change. I can almost sense a more normal pace of life is just around the corner … I’ll be receiving it with open arms that shall do their best to never let go.
I hope your weekend was equally productive and non-productive in all the best kinds of ways too. Shall we all agree that the coming week is going to be a great one?