Seeing as we’re now half-way through October, I thought it would be good to give a bit of an update on where I’m at with all the projects I have going on at the moment (it’s also a nice way to keep myself accountable).
When I look at my list of current activities, I suddenly realise why I’ve been feeling so scattered of late and why this year feels like my busiest yet. Here’s a quick look:
- 4 simple goals (before 2011): I first told you these a few months ago, and I’m slowly crossing these goals off my list. I got my hair cut short and dyed violet a while back, and I’ve been slowly unsubscribing from all the rubbish email lists I’ve signed up for. I’m still assessing my place as an ‘online citizen’, and I’m yet to figure out a locally sourced fruit and veg shopping plan. So I’m half way there.
- Photoswap 2010: I’m still waiting for my photoswap partner photos to arrive, … I haven’t given up hope … yet.
- World View Project: This is a relatively new project for me, so I’ll have to fill you in progress once Gerty (one of the globetrotter cameras), arrives at my door.
- The Shed Project: I’ve been ‘shedding’ stuff for a long time now, but so far the project has pushed me to ‘shed’ even more. It’s helped me assess what is truly important.
- Buy Nothing New Month: This challenge has been great. While I’d already committed myself to shopping less, I’ve found the ‘Buy Nothing New’ concept has refocussed the way I spend all my money (and saved me some cash in the process too).
- Blogtoberfest: So far, so good. Despite a few close-calls, I’m still yet to miss a blog day. I’ve found the daily blogging has loosened my creative thought processes, and introduced me to a whole range of wonderful new readers and online friends.
Then next month I’ll be taking the NaNoWriMo challenge once more (it was great last year), so I really need to sort out which novel idea I’ll attack over the month (I love a daily word target, I do). Given my writing attention will be more devoted to novel writing than blogging, things may be a little quieter here in November … but we shall have to see.
How are things in your world? What are you up to this month?