ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED!! A WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!!
I have long been an admirer of the beautiful work created by Melbourne artisans Gracia Haby and Louise Jennison. I’ve had these two lovely wooden critters of theirs guarding my bookshelves for a few years now, and they’ve been doing an excellent job at keeping unwelcome visitors away from my precious pages.
It was only really a matter of time before another beautiful package from their store made it to my door (I’m surprised it wasn’t much sooner actually).
Rather than containing things of wood, this time this pretty package contained all things paper. I picked up a few gorgeous zines for myself including ‘Before it’s too late’, ‘Summertime: and the livin’ is easy, just as Ella & Louis sang’, and ‘Postcards from…But for the moon nobody could see us’. A package from Gracia and Louise always means that I will be well and truly treated, not just by their delicate words and pictures, but just from the whole experience.
Of course I didn’t forget about you. I also purchased a second copy of ‘Before it’s too late’ and ‘Geschlecht und Schoklade’ to giveaway in the next installment of the ‘Something for me, Something for you‘ series of giveaways.
‘Before it’s too late’ is a limited edition zine (with an edition run of 70) by Louise Jennison and captures all the beauty and starkness of the Arctic while pondering the impacts of climate change on such a place. ‘Geschlecht und Schoklade’ is a small limited edition zine (with an edition run of 100) by Gaby Bila-Guenther (a Berlin based poet), Gracia Haby & Louise Jennison, featuring five of Gaby’s poems throughout with collage elements. Please be aware that with a title like this, the zine is a little on the ‘adult’ side so prepare yourself for some sauciness, raciness and some very cheeky humour.
If you’d like the chance to win the two zines pictured above, just follow the instructions below. Entries for this giveaway close Monday 7 December 2009 @10pm (AEST). Good luck!!
So, how does the giveaway work?
- The giveaway is open to anyone in the world in recognition of the global market for things of beauty.
- Just leave a comment on this post and I’ll assign you your very own personal raffle ticket number.
- Once the competition closes I’ll place all the raffle tickets into my hat and the lucky winning ticket will be drawn at random.
- If you’re lucky enough to have your ticket selected, I’ll contact you via email so that you can send me your mailing address.
- Congratulations if you are the winner, your prize will then be on its way!