Can you believe how quickly this month of March is going by? I’m quite convinced the days are racing by faster than ever. Given that we’ve already arrived at the twelfth day of the month, I think it’s about time for me to do a status update on my March challenge to ‘Do Something Different Every Day’ … by the way, it’s never too late to join in if you’re so inclined.
- Day 1: Made Vegan Jam Slice – This is actually the first thing I’ve made from the ‘Rose Bakery: Breakfast, Lunch, Tea’ cookbook (it won’t be the last).
- Day 2: Took photos with my Holga – The Mr gifted me with this camera for Christmas, so it was about time I loaded some film and started taking photos.
- Day 3: Watched Jane Eyre – I’d been wanting to see this for ages, but was waiting for the right time. I was struggling with sickness and the weather was rainy, so it seemed perfect. It doesn’t hurt that I’m a very big fan of Michael Fassbender either.
- Day 4: Planted cat grass for Jones – Sometimes I feel bad for Jones being an indoors cat, so I made him a little indoor garden of cat grass. He really loves chewing on this.
- Day 5: Shopped somewhere else - These shops are quite close to us, so I’m not sure why it’s taken me so long to visit. I bought some lunch supplies which were fine, but the place was like the living dead, so I doubt I’ll go back.
- Day 6: Wore my gumboots in the rain – These babies have been waiting for rainy weather to make their grand entrance into the world. Finally the rains returned, and these boots were pulled on.
- Day 7: Breakfast with a friend at a new cafe – Pourboy Espresso has actually been open for quite some time, but it was my first visit here with a dear friend. We both went with the ‘House Made Granola with Earl Grey Prunes and Granny Smith Apple’ (and coffee of course). So delicious!
- Day 8: Tried ‘Morning Red’ tea – I’m very loyal to English Breakfast tea, so it was hard for me to step outside my comfort zone. However, I’m very happy to say that this tea is absolutely wonderful. Similar to how I drink English Breakfast at any time of the day, I don’t just drink this in the mornings. Tea rebel!
- Day 9: Chose reading over online – It’s been way too long since I’ve just downed tools and stepped away from the computer. Getting sick made me think about how I rarely take time out for myself. So today was all about magazines and books.
- Day 10: New ‘coffee bean’ yoghurt flavour – I’m a very big fan of the ‘five:am’ yoghurt range, and they recently introduced this very tasty flavour. The only trouble is that it sells out really quickly. Hello coffee!
- Day 11: Visited a local bakery for a spinach pastry – When it comes to lunch I am very much a creature of habit, so it was nice to finally drop into this bakery and try something different. This spinach and feta filo pastry was divine!
- Day 12: Went to a gymstick class – This is a new group fitness class that’s started recently at my gym. It unfortunately bumped a favourite class of mine off the schedule, but I’m willing to forgive it.
I’ve been really enjoying the flexibility of this challenge. As you can see, some of my ‘different’ things are just little changes … but it’s been wonderful to have an excellent reason to do all those things I’ve been meaning to do for ages. I hate creative restrictions for the most part, and will always do my best to rebel against them … so a loosely structured challenge like this is just perfect. How about you? Have you been enjoying anything ‘different’ so far this March?
PS. After resisting for so long, I’ve finally joined instagram (you’ll find me on there as tracey_sargent). I use it to chart my daily progress on the March challenge (amongst lots of photos of my cat and dog).